Frequently Asked Questions


What should I do if I get injured at work?

If you are injured at work in any way or even feel a slight bit of pain or discomfort, you should report your injury to your supervisor or employer immediately.   By law, your employer is required to give you a worker’s compensation claim and provide you with medical treatment/assistance.  Once your employer gives you a form, fill it out and make a copy.  If your employer/supervisor does not provide you with this form, make sure to remember or write down the date you asked, the name of the supervisor you asked and the time you asked for the form.  Once you’ve done this, call our office to discuss your situation.


I’ve been feeling pain for years but no one has helped me, what do I do?

Go see a doctor immediately and come into our office to discuss your situation!


Do I have a Worker’s Compensation case?

You might – all cases are different! Click here (designated area) to fill out an online form and we will let you know if you have a case. (do we say we will contact them?)  If you don’t feel comfortable doing that, call us at (323) 464-6400 and we will set up an appointment for you to come in and discuss your situation.


How much does Wachtel Law charge for a consultation?

Initial consultations are free.  Come on in!


How much does Wachtel Law charge to take a case?

Wachtel Law works on a contingency fee basis.  We only take a fee once we’ve settled your case and obtained an award or benefits for you.  Upon obtaining an award, our office requests a maximum of 15% of the settlement.


How long will my case take?

Again, all cases are different.  The length of a case can range from a matter of months to up to several years.  The length of time is dependent on the injury, the effects of the injury and the parties involved.


Will I get fired from my job if I hire an attorney?

No.  It is against the law in the state of California to fire an employee who files a Worker’s Compensation case against them.  If you are in fact fired once you file a claim, we will help you file a separate claim for wrongful termination.


I got hurt at work but they fired me, do I still have a case even though I am not working anymore?

Come in and talk to us!


Where is my money?!?

This is a common question, so don’t feel bad asking.  Let’s break it down:  Are you asking about benefits or settlement?

If you’re asking about benefits, these are services you are entitled to when you are injured on the Job. These benefits range from disability payments to vocational rehab and training and medical treatment. Our Law office will help you navigate the process to begin receiving benefits immediately

If you’re asking about your settlement money, you should receive that within 30 days of the date of the settlement.  So if it’s only been a week or two, hang tight.  If 30 days have passed, give us a call and we’ll find out what’s going on.


I already have an attorney for my case but I am dissatisfied, can I still come in?

Yes, If you are dissatisfied with your current attorney, you are allowed to obtain one you feel more comfortable and confident with.